LITTLE GREEN CAFÉ & JUICE BAR
Little Green Café & Juice Bar offers something for everyone-- whether the goal is delicious, healthy cuisine, convenience, or something to help you after a workout or treatment.
We’ve put together a menu with an emphasis on natural ingredients that complements the wellness theme of Pilates Plus. Food and beverages are served in ecologically friendly containers. We do our best to accommodate everyone. In addition to simple taste preferences (we can make substitutions to please you!) we are conscientious of other needs as well. Our café is run by (Marie Lovenheim) a nutritionist, so if you have a diet-related health issue such as lactose intolerance, high cholesterol, gluten sensitivity, an upset stomach or even a scratchy throat, we can be of help.
The Little Green Café features smoothies, power drinks, blended coffe drinks, fresh squeezed juices and healthy juice combinations. Our teas are freshly brewed and we feature Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters in our coffee bar. We aim to make the ordinary extraordinary!
Stop in—we’re open every day—and we’d love to serve you! Samples are often available of selected items.
Anne Palumbo of Post newspapers including the Brighton-Pittsford Post had this to say…
“…Every dish we tried – from the soup to the salad to the wrap – contained some unique ingredient that made the food sing. The beet salad knocked our Birkenstocks off. The perfectly cooked beets, resting on a bed of kale, came topped with mild goat cheese, walnuts, and fresh dill. The sweetness of the beets, the tang of the cheese, the crunch of the nuts – oh, was this salad good!
While waiting for our wrap, we sipped Fair Trade organic coffee and freshly brewed tea. Other beverages include smoothies, juicer drinks, and espresso drinks.
Need a little pick-me-up? LittleGreen offers over a dozen drink “boosts,” from wheat germ to anise seeds. Feel like concocting your own smoothie? Lovenheim stressed that they’ll do what it takes to” make it your way.” Same goes for the food. No matter what your request – a slice of avocado here, a sweet onion there – if they have the fixings, they’ll make it happen.
The Mediterranean wrap with hummus, greens and a slew of vegetables was another winner. The organic wrap tasted fresh, and the hummus took center stage, as it needed to do. We opted not to have it grilled, although I bet it would be tasty that way, too. All wraps come with seasonal fruit or a side of the day. On the day we dined, the side was a succulent mango-black bean salsa.
Looking back, I wish we had ended our meal with a creamy Date Shake of banana, walnuts, dates, spices and almond milk. Sounds yummy, doesn’t it?
A soothing color scheme, soft lighting and pleasant music all contribute to Little Green’s stress-free ambiance. Best of all, we got to watch Lovenheim in action: whipping up smoothies, putting out samples, and chatting with customers about food, a subject she clearly loves.”
Marie Lovenheim, nutritionist
Marie holds a degree in Nutrition from Cornell University and teaches nutrition at Monroe Community College in the Biology Department. She has worked as a private nutrition counselor for more than 20 years, helping people to approach health from an active standpoint, which includes “eating well, supplementing the diet when necessary, and maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle.”
Marie is the manager of The Little Green Café at Pilates Plus and does private nutrition consultations as well. She has two daughters, one at Boston University and one a journalist in DC, and a son in high school.
Call us at 585.586.3410 or CONTACT US for more information and assistance.
[ back to Top - back to Home Page ]
BREAKFAST or anytime
- Edamame $2.50
- Apple or Celery with your choice of Peanut butter $ 3
Our smoothies are fruity, refreshing blender drinks
- Breakfast Smoothie: fruit, yogurt, wheat germ, oats
- Nutty Twist: strawberries, bananas, blueberries, yogurt, almonds, almond milk
- Strawberry Down Dog: strawberries, peaches, yogurt, orange juice
- Blue Reformer: blueberries, banana, yogurt, apple juice
- Prana: strawberries, banana, pineapple juice, yogurt
- Protein Teaser: peanut butter, almond milk, banana
- Create Your Own: Choose 2: Strawberries, blueberries, banana, peaches, or raspberries, choice of beverage, choice of yogurt or avocado
SUPER SMOOTHIES $8
- Jodi’s Power Drink: berries, rice milk, Spirulina, flax seeds, rice protein, acai
- Date Shake: banana, walnuts, dates, spices, almond milk, rice protein
- Mockjito: mojito sorbet, fresh mint, pineapple juice
- Pina Colada: pineapple, banana, coconut milk, frozen soy or vanilla yogurt
- Frozen Marble Mocha: Ghiradelli chocolate and white chocolate, espresso, milk and frozen soy or yogurt
BLENDED DRINKS $4
- Chilly Chai: chai, milk and honey
- Dark Chocolate Decadence: dark chocolate coffee, Ghiradelli chocolate, milk
- Nana Coco: almond milk, banana, Ghiradelli chocolate,
- So Skinny Coffee: coffee, almond milk, Truvia
JUICER DRINKS $8
- Sun Salutation: carrot, beet, apple, ginger
- Tummy Tonic: apple, fennel, ginger, mint
- Create Your Own. Choose 3: Beets, Celery, Apple, Carrot, Ginger, Mint
BOOSTS $1 each or 2 for $1.50
Add a nourishing boost to any smoothie or juicer drink.
wheat germ - peanut butter - flax seeds
sunflower butter - cashew butter - acai - almond butter - brown rice - protein powder - coconut oil ($2)
WAKE UP CALLS $5 - ESPRESSO blended drink with 2 shots of espresso, milk and coffee ice
- White Chocolate
- Caramel Banana
- Marble Mocha: white and milk chocolate
TEA: Little $1.50…. Big $2.00
Choose from our daily selections that are
freshly brewed from loose tea leaves.
Chai Latte: Small $2.75 Large $3.25
Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters Organic Fairtrade Coffee
|Café Au Lait
|Vanilla, Sugar Free Vanilla, Hazelnut, Raspberry