Spray tanning gives you an incredible, natural-looking color without the harmful effects of the sun. Your tan is applied in a private room by a licensed professional and is complete and dry in 10 minutes. You will experience a natural-looking tan that will continue to develop over the next 6 to 12 hours and your tan will last 5 to 7 days. Your spray tan will not protect you against the sun so it is important to always use sunscreen.
We recommend that you book your appointment 1-2 days before a special event or leaving for a vacation. We suggest that brides book a spray tan 2 days before their weddings and also schedule a spray tan prior to their wedding day to ensure satisfaction with the color of their tan.
Before you receive your spray tan, there are a few steps to take to ensure the best possible results.
- Shower and exfoliate your body before the application, paying special attention to knees, elbows, ankles and the tops of your feet.
- Shave and/or wax at least 24 hours before your tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer, deodorant or perfume to your skin prior to receiving your spray tan.
- Do not wear any makeup or jewelry.
- Women should wear dark colored underwear or a bikini and men should wear shorts or swim trunks. What you wear during your spray tan may get stained, so please wear something that is a dark color or that you don't mind getting sprayed.
- It is also best to wear dark, loose fitting clothing after your appointment. Some of your tan may rub off on light-colored clothing while your tan is developing.
- If you are getting a spray tan for a special occasion, make sure to get your manicure, pedicure and any other services that may involve some type of exfoliation prior to your tan.
After you receive your spray tan, you should not get your skin wet for at least 6-12 hours after the application. It is recommended that you also not exercise or perspire excessively while your tan is developing. Once you have showered, applying moisturizer twice daily will help your tan last longer. Your spray tan will not protect you against the sun so it is important to always use sunscreen.